• Try outs for Ten Little Chipmunks Wednesday, August 16th and Thursday, August 17th!

• Check out upcoming events on our homepage!

The student news site of Warren Central High School

Norsestar Newspaper

Featured Senior: Kentavis Brown

Warren Central’s Viking mascots Taylor Rae Newton, left, and Kentavis Brown pose for a picture during Friday’s senior night game against Callaway. Brown normally wears the Viking costume, but allowed Newton to wear it on Friday night. (Paul Ingram/For The Vicksburg Post)

Abigail Taylor, Writer

Each nine weeks, Norsestar News recognizes a senior for their contribution to Warren Central and their above average school performance. This nine weeks Norsestar News would like to acknowledge Kentavis Brown as the featured senior. His lively personality and outstanding achievements make him stand out from the crowd. He is a part of numerous school activities; including Beta Club, Archery team, Total Sound, and Student Council. He is also the Senior Class President, NJROTC Cadet Commander, the school mascot, and this year’s Prom King. Outside of school, Kentavis works hard to help the people around him. When he is not singing or dancing, he spends time tutoring his little brother and sister. “He is very interested in helping others and always asks me what can he do to help others.”,commented Ms. Fuller, a sponsor for Beta Club, “He also cares about his fellow students. He is always willing to help tutor in the classroom.” Kentavis’s mother has been a huge part of inspiring him to do his best in school and in life. “My mom inspires me because she’s a hard working woman who never gives up on life. She’s always there to push me.”,he added. At school, Mrs. Trousdale has also been a strong support system for him. “She has always had a warm and welcoming spirit about her,” he explained, “I met her my 10th grade year and now I call her my mom at school. She never gave up on me, even when I gave up on myself.”

Having been greatly involved in high school, Kentavis will miss his time here at Warren Central. “I will miss NJROTC and being the mascot at football games and pep rallies,” Kentavis expressed. After high school, he has big dreams to pursue. He plans to attend MGCCC to study pre-med for two years and then transfer to a university. “Kentavis is a really wonderful kid. I think he’s got great things in store for him in the future.”, Ms. Fuller added. Ten years from now, he hopes to be a Neonatologist in Atlanta with his family. No matter what, our featured senior is sure to accomplish many great things in life.

Some words to live by from the featured senior: “Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up.”