• Try outs for Ten Little Chipmunks Wednesday, August 16th and Thursday, August 17th!

• Check out upcoming events on our homepage!

The student news site of Warren Central High School

Norsestar Newspaper

Easter Bunny

Aaliyah James, Writer

Every year before Easter the students here at Warren Central vote on what teacher they would like to see dress up as the Easter Bunny. The contest is used as a fundraiser every year, and this year it was hosted by the WC Drama Club to raise money for Relay for Life. Relay for Life are multiple events that work to raise money for the American Cancer Society. Relay for Life affects multiple people in not only our school but all over the world because it is an international campaign. The funds raised by Relay for Life help provide transportation and housing for cancer patients. They also fund detection and treatment programs, prevention programs, and community and patient support programs.

It was a tough race this year with lots of back and forth between the coaches. In true Wong fashion he enlisted the help of his students to put who he wanted in the costume, Coach Head. With the promise of bonus points looming on the horizon, the students threw their support behind Wong’s latest victim and bought hundreds of eggs. They were promised points for not only putting Coach Head in the suit but also extra points if they bought over a 1,000 eggs.

Overall, the fundraiser raised over 500 dollars for Relay for Life. The Friday before Easter Break gave us not one but two Easter Bunnies Coach Head and Mr. Mayfield. Both teachers put their own spin on the Easter Bunny look. Coach Head showed a lot of school spirit with his costume donning a blue and red tutu on top of his bunny suit. Mr. Mayfield showed much of his own personal style in his costume throwing on a suit jacket, tie, and a pair of sunglasses. The contest was a lot of fun for a great cause that impacts many lives everyday.