• Try outs for Ten Little Chipmunks Wednesday, August 16th and Thursday, August 17th!

• Check out upcoming events on our homepage!

The student news site of Warren Central High School

Norsestar Newspaper

The Total Package

Angela Stevens, Writer

On April 7th, Total Sound show choir had a two hour long concert featuring an all you can eat dessert buffet. The concert featured a variety of songs such as The Fox, Over the Rainbow, Fight Song, Popular, We Know the Way, and many more. The theme of the show was inspiration and each song exhibited the theme. The members of the choir showed true dedication. During a rehearsal, the students were frightened when a severe storm came over the school. “We almost died. I was so scared.” joked senior Mary Elizabeth Ballard. Luckily nobody was harmed during the storm. They successfully impressed the audience with their performance due to their outstanding perseverance and dedication to making the show as wonderful as possible.

Upperclassmen of the choir got a chance to sing a solo, which allowed each of them to showcase their talent. Total Sound did a fantastic job and amazed the audience with their talent and hard work. After Act I, the crowd was invited to the school’s cafeteria for the dessert buffet. “I had a great time,” said student Micah Burnette, “I loved that they sang so many of my favorite songs and I could tell they really loved the songs as well. I think that is what makes them such a great choir. They believe in what they are singing. Plus, the dessert was delicious.”

Once the short intermission was over the audience went back to the auditorium and the choir did not fail to impress them once again during Act II. With songs such as Don’t Stop Believin’, Seasons of Love, and How Far I’ll Go, the audience was enthralled with the student’s talent and obvious love for their performance. Through hard work, dedication, and the ability to withstand any storm that comes their way, literally, the Total Sound members made the show a huge success. One of the seniors, Cody Gill, wrote his very own song, The Tears of God, and performed it at the total sound show. “Tears of God was a really pretty song. At first I thought it was just a regular country song, but then I was surprised to learn that he wrote it. It was a really pretty song.” said Junior Schuyler Byrd. His deep soulful voice made the song sound absolutely beautiful and definitely brought tears to many of the audience members eyes. The song was soft and calm but Cody still managed to make it sound strong and powerful. He momentarily stole the show with this song and his country accent.

Anyone who did not get the chance come see the show definitely missed out on an amazing performance that would have blown them away. All the hard work that the members and Choir directors paid off for this amazing show.