• Try outs for Ten Little Chipmunks Wednesday, August 16th and Thursday, August 17th!

• Check out upcoming events on our homepage!

The student news site of Warren Central High School

Norsestar Newspaper

Let the Relaxation Begin! (Happy Retirement)

The Norsestar News staff would like to thank the following teachers for their many years of hard work and dedication to the betterment of the students. We hope you enjoy your retirement!

Mrs. Different

After many years of enjoyable and amusing experiences as a teacher, Mrs. Different is retiring. Mrs. Different teaches family dynamics, contemporary health, nutrition and wellness, and child development here at Warren Central, and has been a teacher for 39 years. She decided to become a teacher because she was not a strong student in high school. “I needed a different way of learning from the average student,” she said “I needed to be actively involved. I realized classes where you just had to sit and read were not my strongest areas, and I wanted to share my love of things I really enjoyed doing with others.” The students have made her time here particularly enjoyable. “I will miss the students. I have some students that I absolutely adore, and I really enjoyed having them in my class.” she commented. She will also miss the excitement of school and the constantly changing experience. “No day is ever the same. I never teach courses the same way, I never use the same tests, and I change things up depending on what the students’ interests are.” she explained, “I love being able to change and go with what the students really enjoy.”   After she retires, she plans to travel with her husband in their RV and spend more time with her children and grandchildren.

Nancy Robertson

Nancy Robertson has been a choir teacher in the Vicksburg Warren School District for longer than most of us have even been alive. This is not to say however, that she is old. In fact, she is one of the most spry and hardworking teachers on campus! Mrs. Nancy Robertson is retiring this upcoming December after thirty-seven years of teaching. She has spent twenty of those years at the VWSD, and twelve years at Warren Central. Her favorite thing about teaching is the ability to interact with students and help them grow into responsible adults. When asked about what she will miss most about Warren Central, Mrs. Robertson simply replied, “It’s my home. Being away for two years (at Central Office) made me love it here even more. What I’m going to miss most… there’s not a most. Everything is all combined into one: teacher friends, students who I love as if they are my own children, colleagues like Mr. Johnson, and our administrators.” Norsestar News also interviewed Mr. Johnson, who will become the head choir director for the 2017/2018 school year. “[Mrs. Robertson] has taught me so much. All of the behind-the-scenes work of choir directing, like paperwork and purchase orders, was all brand new to me,” he said. “I’m going to miss being mentored by her, and I will miss her presence.” After retiring, Mrs. Robertson plans to continue her work with the Mississippi Boychoir, which will soon be expanding to three campuses statewide. She will also take part in judging for choral competitions across the southeast, as well as being a clinician for different honor choirs.

“In the words of Winnie the Pooh, -to my friends and coworkers at Warren central, ‘How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.’ Good friends never say goodbye. They simply say ‘See you soon!”

-Nancy Robertson

Larry Tyrone

After thirty-eight years of teaching and coaching a wave of students, Coach Tyrone has come to the end to a long road in his life. Throughout the years he has been coaching future athletes in football and track, as well as preparing multiple generations to drive safely behind the steering wheel. “Tradition and working with the best coaches and teachers and administrators in the state,” is what Coach Tyrone will miss most about teaching. After retirement, it is unclear what he will do. He is taking some time to himself to relax and reflect on what he wants to do from now on.

“It has truly been a blessing and privilege to have worked with such professional and dedicated Coaches and Teachers , keep the traditions of WC going.”

-Larry Tyrone