• Try outs for Ten Little Chipmunks Wednesday, August 16th and Thursday, August 17th!

• Check out upcoming events on our homepage!

The student news site of Warren Central High School

Norsestar Newspaper

Night to Remember

Makayla Sherrod, Writer

Homecoming: an instance of returning home or a high school, college, or university game, dance, or other event to which alumni are invited. This is the official definition of homecoming, but that is not what homecoming is about to most people.

Homecoming is about dresses, makeup, hair, dancing, and letting loose with your peers. It is for girls to set aside things and admire each other’s dresses, gossip at the table about boys, and laugh at the silly things that happen on the dance floor. It is for guys to stand around making jokes and having a good time with the boys. When the time comes, the boy and girls come together for a slow dance. To describe a Warren Central Homecoming, it is full of excited teenagers who are ready for a night of fun with dancing and hanging out with students and teachers. The music was spectacular with a bit of our generation’s music and some old school that everyone knew. It was a night of beautiful girls in spectacular dresses and handsome guy in tuxes showing off how good they look to the ladies. Our teachers joined in on the fun with some dancing and laughing at us students. A Warren Central Homecoming is a party you can’t miss or forget. It is a night to remember.  The dance circle of Warren Central’s students doing all kinds of dances and tricks and flips was dazzling. Personally, as a new student, I can honestly say Warren Central knows how to celebrate and have fun with their students and teachers. I saw it as a Viking Blow Out, and I cannot wait for another.